I love saving a buck or two as much as the next broad. Just kidding, my deal finding is more like a secret obsession. From buying a pack of gum to purchasing a house and everything between, I. Must. Find. A. Deal. I wouldn’t call my self a crazy coupon lady, but I can be a little more extreme than most. I just want the best price for the best quality. My insides rejoice with satisfaction every time I feel like I am getting more than my money’s worth.

Oh, the joy, when I stumble upon a jewel of an item in a thrift store. Its like finding treasure I never knew was there. Hitting the jackpot. A natural high.

My thrifty eye stems from my childhood. There are nine kids in my family. We didn’t have much, but my parents sure knew how to stretch a buck in every which way possible. In high school, when most kids would feel ashamed of their second hand clothes, I would proudly show off my preloved wardrobe. Until college, about 75% of my clothing was from thrift stores or garage sales. The other 25% I had bought on sale.

Today, I hit up Savers. They randomly have 50% off days, if you are a club card member.
After spending about an hour sifting through people and things, I acquired quite the pile. To my dismay, I wasn’t allowed to receive the 50% off with out my physical card on me. I let one of my besties borrow it, and she was on the other side of the island. Sigh.
I ended up putting some things back. Here are a handful of items I ended up purchasing for Seah, without the discount. They were still great deals.

-Minnie Mouse costume for Halloween. This is definitely in used condition, but I didn’t mind for something that will only be worn once. I already have Minnie ears from our trip to Disneyland last year.
-Gold Guess dress for Christmas time on the Big Island. The picture makes it look ivory colored, but it has gold threads throughout the material.
-Houndstooth leggings. Adorable! I could not pass these up.
-BabyGap jean skirt. Looks like it was worn less than three times.
And my steal of the day….

This darling Calypso St. Barth white and pink romper.
I did have a $5 off $25 purchase coupon that I received from my last donation. That helped soften the blow of missing out on the other items and not getting 1/2 off of everything.



  1. Jennifer Kasper · September 28, 2013

    Gotta love savers! I buy shorts for Carl there all the time….

    • mauisealove · September 28, 2013

      They do a really great job of picking through their kids stuff before they put it out 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s